This Giving & Receiving Storyboard is a 2-sided document with a storyboard on one side and an application template or other supplemental resource on the reverse.
- Identify the four stages of the effective feedback giving and receiving coaching & mentoring cycle (Understanding, Empathising, Listening and Agreeing).
- Recognise the characteristics of effective and ineffective feedback strategies (in both directions).
- Formulate a personal action plan for developing your feedback giving and receiving skills.
- Your communication style
- Create a positive intent
- Describe your observations
- Recognise the behaviour/action impact
- Consider the other person’s response
- Discuss future possible solutions together
- Focus on the content of the specific feedback
- Listen calmly, attentively and clarify
- Acknowledge any concerns
- Avoid defending or over explaining
- Welcome suggestions about improvement